PRAGUE, 16 JULY 2013
Klub PRAGmatiki is pleased to announce the official kickoff of KOLORITfest 2013, the International Musical Festival of Russian-speakers’ Culture, that will take place during Oct 6-13, 2013 at numerous locations in Prague, Czech Republic.
Delegates of the Festival will include artists and organizers/producers of cultural events, media and other cultural production from Belarus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Lithuania, Netherlands, Russia, Slovakia, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
The event will continue for 7 days and will be composed of four main parts:
- Performances by visiting and local bands – a daily series of gigs in Prague’s various venues
- Vocal Contest “Kolorit 2013” – will gather talented vocal performers
- Short movie contest “Place Code” – will present original movies depicting the variety of views video artists are taking on the life, culture and traditions of their current city of residence
- Master classes and knowledge exchange sessions for both artists and producers
On the last day of the Festival visitors will enjoy a massive Gala concert that will include performances by local and visiting bands, Vocal Contest “Kolorit 2013” and a performance by a headliner (to be identified).
The Festival will provide a networking opportunity for Russian-speaking creatives, as well as a chance for other cultures to appreciate the contemporary culture of Russian-speakers, thus supporting integration, international and intercultural cooperation.
The goals of the festival are as follows:
- Demonstrate elements of modern Russian-speaking culture to the European society, aiming to improve mutual integration and the perception of the Russian-speaking world through contemporary arts and international cooperation
- Present the variety of contemporary musical arts
- Discover new talents among Russian-speaking youths in Europe and beyond
- Unite creatives from Europe and beyond
- Provide favorable conditions for further creative initiatives
- Improve the mutual relationship between Russian-speakers and the majority populations in Europe and beyond
KOLORITfest is naturally continues the tradition of a series of multicultural Russian-speakers’ talent contest-festivals “Kolorit” held in Prague by Klub PRAGmatiki in the years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
At present, KOLORITfest is in the Initiation stage, during which delegates will be selected by means of an open call, castings, interviews and pre-selection rounds.
Events schedule, updates, useful info and contacts will be published on the KOLORITfest official website at http://koloritfest.org.
We call for sponsors and media partners to contact us regarding advertising opportunities and terms of partnership.
We also call for creative professionals, enthusiasts and volunteers willing to contribute to the festival to contact us to find out how they can help us make this an even greater event.
The organizers are impatient to see the colors the various participants will bring into the festival. We are confident the overall picture will be worth a million words. Off we go!
On behalf of the KOLORITfest team
For more info:
Tel.: +420 739 545 278